Friday, May 10, 2013

Why Tebow Will Be Fine

I'm a big fan of Tim Tebow. Despite the fact that he was so successful in college over my beloved LSU Tigers, I loved the character and inspiration he displayed. He is an outstanding young man and a worthy role model. While he may or may not put on another NFL uniform (which, by the way, I think will happen again), he will be just fine. Here's four reasons why:

1. He's truly a good person. People like Tebow, who are so kind to others, will have the kindness repaid eventually. As the old saying goes, you reap what you sow. Tim has sowed a lot of genuine goodness and it's been my experience that good people usually land on their feet.
2. He is a great athlete. As an athlete, Tim is elite. He may not have the greatest quarterback mechanics, but he's as strong as a bull and has the work ethic to squeeze every ounce of athleticism out of himself. I could see him continuing as a quarterback, transitioning to a tied end, being a fullback, or even calling plays as a "defensive quarterback" (a linebacker). But let's say he doesn't go back to football. Does anyone think he wouldn't be a great motivational trainer? Forget Tae Bo. Think Tebow!
3. He has tremendous charisma. With GQ looks, a cheerful disposition, leadership ability, and a heart for the hurting, he is a welcome alternative to the self absorbed celebrity of today. Tebow would be a great host for any humanitarian reality show. He could also continue his celebrity status indefinitely as a college football sports analyst. And I'll bet most college teams would love to have him on their coaching staffs.
4. He's close to God. Enough said.

So, I'm not worried about Tim Tebow. Although, out of all these options, my hope is that another NFL team will take him on and parley his tremendous potential into a successful career. I love watching the guy play and I love the role model he represents to our country. Geaux Tebow!

2 comments:

  1. I like your blog already and I've only been on it for 10 minutes!! Love Tim Tebow too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karla. Praying Tim will continue to shine in the NFL. Blessings, Rusty

      Delete