Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Why Blog?

Hey everyone! Welcome to my blog.

To be honest with you, I didn't want to have one. First of all, I find it difficult to believe that people would want to take the time to read it. Why read a blog by your's truly when there are so many more worthy writings out there? I'd rather read C.S. Lewis than R.B. Hayes any day!

I also didn't think I could keep up with another responsibility. Four kids, a growing church, attending the grand opening of my garage door . . . life is busy!

But my staff convinced me that people may want to know me more and might actually read this thing. And my outstanding assistant, Sheila Long, pointed out that numerous questions have come across my email account that represent real questions on the hearts of so many. For years, she has kept files on my pastoral responses to such questions.

So, as a start, the following blog contains a collection of topics based on snippets of email discussions between a pastor and his congregation. I offer it as a beginning. As my blogging skills grow, I'll add to this body of information with journal entries, random thoughts, poetry, pictures, and whatever else I can think of. Hopefully, you'll be blessed and God will be glorified.

Thanks for your interest and Happy Reading!
Grace,
Rusty

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this PR. You have much insight that many others can and will benefit from.

    ReplyDelete